Summer is lapsing. Fall is here, which kicks off a variety of “hot” sale opportunities to coattail on. It’s book selling time. What are your plans?
Get Ready to Rock Your Book Sales
Summer is lapsing. Fall is here, which kicks off a variety of “hot” sale opportunities to coattail on. From Columbus Day to Halloween to Black whatever to Thanksgiving to Hanukkah to Christmas to fill in the ________. It’s book-selling time. What are your plans?
Before you think about the ice and cold of winter, how about heating up your book? What atmosphere can you create around your book? A previous book? A forthcoming book? In other words … as 2023 winds down, what kind of steaming stream of sales can you create on your book?
- How about planning on creating a series of press releases throughout the year announcing events and achievements around your expertise and your book?
- How about a re-purposing, creating a variation, or an existing book that springs a new one?
- How about creating “your own holiday” … around your book theme or your expertise? It creates an ongoing and annual momentum.
- How about a party (of several) in its launching, or re-launching?
- How about creating a video product that you can sell along with your book for added revenues? How about starting a podcast?
- How about creating a Group on Facebook or LinkedIn that positions you as the leader/expert in your topic manner and building new followers/fans who ask questions, add to discussions, and create a community?
- How about making a commitment to doing something different?
Winter isn’t here, but too many authors start pulling back and freezing. It’s FALL … one of the hottest book-selling seasons — your ideas and happenings don’t have to be in the cold. For authors, it’s time to SPRING into action … it’s time to thaw out ideas and bring them to life.
The Farmer’s Almanac is predicting a dicey winter — cold, wet icy. Here in Colorado, it says to prep for the first frost in three weeks. It doesn’t have to be in your book world. The savvy author stays warm year-round… learning, seeding, and growing.
What’s on your action plan list to open your success door?
Dr. Judith Briles is a book publishing expert and coach. Often, she must roll up her writing sleeves and become a Book Doctor, juicing up storylines and author words. She empowers authors and works directly with authors who want to be seriously successful and has been writing about and conducting workshops on publishing since the ’80s. Judith is the author of 44 books including Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms, Snappy Sassy Salty: Success for Authors and Writers, and How to Create a Million Dollar Speech. Her personal memoir When God Says NO-Revealing the YES When Adversity and Loss Are Present is a #1 bestseller on Amazon and her historical fiction debut Secret Journey. Collectively, her books have earned over 45 book awards. Judith speaks throughout the year at publishing conferences.
Throughout the year, she holds Judith Briles Book Unplugged in-person and online experiences: Publishing, Speaking, Marketing, and Social Media. All are two-day intensives limited to a small group of authors who want to be seriously successful. Join Judith live for the “AuthorU-Your Guide to Book Publishing” podcast on the Toginet Radio Network HERE.
Follow @AuthorUYOUBooks and @MyBookShepherd on Twitter and do a “Like” at AuthorYOU, and join the Facebook group Book Publishing with The Book Shepherd. If you want to create a book that has no regrets, contact her.
©2023 Judith Briles — The Book Shepherd™ All Rights Reserved.